China’s “Tianyan” is a 500 meter spherical radio telescope Telescope), or fast for short, is located in the karst depression of dawodang, Kedu Town, Pingtang County, Qiannan Buyei and Miao Autonomous Prefecture, Guizhou Province. The project is a major national science and technology infrastructure. The “Tianyan” project consists of active reflector system, feed support system, measurement and control system, receiver and terminal, and observation base. On January 11, 2020, the 500m spherical radio telescope passed the national acceptance and was put into operation.https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/find-only-fans-camp https://charity.gofundme.com/o/en/campaign/help-fans-only
This major scientific and technological achievement was proposed by Chinese astronomer Nan Rendong in 1994 and completed in 22 years. It was completed and put into use on September 25, 2016. Led by the National Astronomical Observatory of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, it is the world’s largest single aperture and most sensitive radio telescope with independent intellectual property rights in China. Its comprehensive performance is ten times that of the famous radio telescope Arecibo.
However, searching for extraterrestrial civilization is only one of the seven scientific objectives of “China Tianyan”:
- Fast has the ability to extend the observation of neutral hydrogen to the edge of the universe and reproduce the early images of the universe.
- It can discover thousands of pulsars in one year, establish pulsar timing array, and participate in autonomous navigation and gravitational wave detection of pulsars in the future.
- Leading the international very long baseline interferometry network to obtain the hyperfine structure of celestial bodies.
- Carry out high-resolution microwave inspection to detect weak spatial signals.
- Participate in the search for extraterrestrial civilization.
- Participate in meridian chain engineering to improve the performance of incoherent scatter radar dual system.
- Extend the deep space communication ability to the outer planets of the solar system, and increase the satellite data receiving ability by 100 times.
“China’s heavenly eye” has already opened the search for extraterrestrial civilization
As early as 2018, China Tianyan installed and debugged back-end equipment dedicated to extraterrestrial civilization search, according to science and technology daily. This function is a bit like the back-end equipment of the sieve. It mainly selects useful narrow-band candidate signals from the vast electromagnetic signals of “China Tianyan”, and excludes the celestial bodies and artificial signals.
“At present, ‘China Tianyan’ is upgrading its back-end equipment, and it is expected to launch new observations in September.” Zhang Tongjie revealed that “China Tianyan” is preparing a new observation plan, at which time, the search for extraterrestrial civilization will also be launched simultaneously. However, due to the synchronic observation mode, the alien search will not interfere with the normal scientific observation of the “Chinese sky eye”.
Is it really a reliable and serious scientific research to search for aliens with “Chinese sky eye”? Zhang Tongjie’s answer is “yes”. “The research and exploration of extraterrestrial civilization is absolutely not the business of astronomers and science fiction writers, but the serious task of astronomers, only by scientific means.”
Compared with the so-called “dark forest theory”, Zhang Tongjie advocated “dark sea theory”. “Sailing in the dark rough sea, if you see a little starlight in the distance, it’s from another sailboat. At this time, do people hunt and kill each other like hunters passing through the dark forest, or do they keep watch and help each other? ” Zhang Tongjie tends to the latter. He believes that the search for extraterrestrials is not only of scientific significance, but also of more practical significance for the future space migration plan of mankind.